Monday, February 18, 2013

Wa-waaaaaa...

So my last post was just the tip of the iceberg of what good The Lord is doing in my life since the fast (& I plan to share more of the awesome stuff), but this post is the Debbie Downer post since the fast.

Whenever a Christian experiences true repentance, spiritual growth, overcomes a spiritual obstacle, or any other positive spiritual movement, they can rest assured that the enemy will be right there with a plan of attack to hinder them or even stop them.

This is my blog & my own personal life record, so I'm going to just tell it how it is. Since the fast ended, we had a Preteen Disciple Now weekend & MANY decisions were made through that, as well as other incredible decisions that go as far as a family selling everything they own to move to Africa for full-time Mission work. Praise God! It was amazing, as well as what we see as a direct result of our fasting & obedience.

One morning, D & Blake were at the gym for their morning workout when a couple of godly ladies come up to them & tell them how excited they were for the great things they hear about going on in our church. In the very next breath, one of them tells them that we just need to be ready & careful for Satan will attack.

It was a great reminder. I had already been aware because it seemed like SO many families in our church had gotten very sick after the fast. (For those who don't know, I am not exaggerating. It was like a plague...)

Before we started the fast, I had been meeting with a couple of girls as my accountability group & since the onset of that, we have felt as if we were under attack.

Just last week, I told D that I had been having a hard couple of weeks. I had dealt with anxiety, a small bit of depression, & a lot of confusion. I told him about one day (a Wed.) I was trying to do my Nehemiah Bible Study, when John was super fussy, Jax was being crazy, & the entire time I was trying to read/do my Bible study, my head was a ridiculous jumbled mess! I finally had to shut my books & close my eyes & tell myself to, "Be still & know that I am God." As soon as I got quiet, The Lord reminded me that He is not a God of confusion. Immediately I attributed that horrible time to Satan's schemes.

As I was telling D about the hard time I've been having, I told him how I've just not been myself & even wondered if I needed medication. My wise & discerning Husband just simply asked me when I started feeling this way. I said for about 3 weeks. He then asked me how long I've been off the fast. (Don't you just LOVE it when teachers ask you questions so you have to figure out for yourself what they already know!? :)) Not surprisingly, I told him, "About 3 weeks."

Y'all. The Devil is real. Spiritual warfare is real. We Christians have got to be prayed up & prepared.

Every morning, most of the time before my feet hit the floor, I pray for me & my family to be covered with God's armor so that we may stand against the Devil's schemes. (Eph 6:10-18) Most mornings, God will prompt me to pray this over others as well. (Our church staff, my accountability partners...)

Another verse I've had to cling to is 1 John 4:4, "Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world." I really like that one, because it keeps me from getting scared & allowing the Devil to stop me or paralyze me with fear.

In light of what we stand against as Christians, I am so thankful to have the assurance that I'm on the mightiest side. I already know I'm on the winning team.

No comments:

Post a Comment